Sunday, June 27, 2010

I'm pumped!

The A's finished the sweep of the Pirates today (yeah, the Pirates, I dont care, they're a major league ball club and wins are wins!), Gio was solid, Suzuki came up with the big clutch homer to give us the winning run we needed! Amanda and Stephen said they had a good time and they quickly made it a point to go to one more game with Sandi and I before they move to Colorado. And in minutes I tell you, I had tickets for the 4 of us for Friday night, July 23rd against the White Sox! Very competitive ball club, dont remember the last time I saw em but they have exciting players like Alex Rios (he has a fantastic arm and I would kill to see his arm vs. Rajai's wheels!), Paul Konerko--blasting home runs left and right this year, the hot rookie Gordon Beckham, their own fantastic base stealer in Juan Pierre, A.J. Pierzynalphabet--the player everyone loves to hate, and of course, their manager Ozzie Guillen--pretty much the best "character" in baseball and I would love it so much (guarantee you I'd lose my voice) if he got tossed in a screaming match with an umpire (yes, English teachers, that was one complete sentence).

Tangent: my English teachers used to always get on me, like since first grade, for "run-on sentences." And I would call bullshit. My sentence structure has always just been advanced for my age. :)

Digression: So yeah, very excited about the night that will be. But that's a ways off and the A's need to enjoy their day off and flight to Baltimore. Its time to get on a roll guys. The Orioles suck and will continue to. We're rested, confident, coming off a sweep, and it's time to get hot. Literally best time of the year to get on a roll for the A's. You can question me on that at the end of the year folks. It's time to show we still got it and can compete for the division. If we dont do that now, Beane will give up on this year, start selling, and playing more young guys. I'm all for preparing for the future but our team is GOOD--RIGHT NOW! After Baltimore, we go to Cleveland. At 27-47, they might as well be just as bad. Let's roll.

Concern: 2 days off in a row for Rajai Davis. He needs the playing time. He is the spark to our offense. He's hitting well. I dont care if we just got Connor Jackson. Make him a back-up. Play Rajai, Coco, and Sweeney in the outfield. Like everyday almost. Yes, I will eat my words if Jackson plays and hits over .300. :)

Thanks for reading.

2 comments:

  1. YAY for double dates with the Rabons! And especially when they involve A's baseball! I agree with you on what the outfield should look like. Rajai needs to play.

    ReplyDelete