So it's been another long while between posts. And its because the A's are doing terrible (and the Rangers and Angels are doing great) and I dont wanna talk about it. We may as well take it one step at a time, one game at a time, and call our goal for now getting back to .500. Then we'll look at the standings and make another goal from there. But tonight was good, a beautiful step in the right direction. The A's killed the Pirates 14-4! Most runs we've scored all year I believe. The bats came alive, we fought through the first part of the game when it was real close, real happy to see the clutch hits there tonight, and then we just kept adding on and adding on. The only downside to this game is Sheets still needs to be a little better. I dont think he's even credited with a "quality start". Let me see... yeah, 6 innings, 4 runs on 8 hits=not great. Lets cut those hits and runs in half and pitch one more inning okay? Thanks. He did record 9 K's and didnt walk anyone so that was good, I'll give him that. Crisp almost hit for the cycle though! That was kinda exciting to see him hitting and running well! He was doing it in order too--first the single, then the double, then he legged out a triple! Had 2 chances for a home run, didnt happen, but he did ice his cake, if you will, with a walk.
So yeah, one real good game, made for a nice evening, I even enjoyed it with lasagna, garlic bread, and some Blue Moon out of my brand new BJ's Father's Day beer glass. :) ... But its just one game and I'm still upset about how we've played since that first game in Chicago a week and a half ago. Getting swept by the Reds may have seriously ended our season, no joke. I understand a tough interleague road trip (kinda), but then we get swept--by the Reds! At home! While Texas is now on an 11-game winning streak! It just... fries me. But the Rangers and Angels did lose tonight...
Tonight's game better lead to some semblance of a bounce back. Tomorrow is the A's "Turn Back the Clock" game that they've been pimping so hard for weeks now and Cahill is taking the mound so we better win that one (really wish I could go, I have a previous commitment, but shhh, its a surprise!) and then on Sunday my best friends Stephen and Amanda are goin so we better just finish out the sweep I say. We gotta be in good shape to do this with the Pirates bullpen obliterated tonight and like I said, Trevor Cahill taking the mound tomorrow and then Gio "I'm money at home" Gonzalez pitching Sunday.
Then we get a day off and go to Baltimore. And Baltimore is garbage, we should AT LEAST take 2 outta 3 there and then 3 games in Cleveland before we come home. They suck too right?... Yeah, "the dirty savages" as my wife calls them are 26-46 so we should AT LEAST take 2 outta 3 there as well. Then we're right back home and hopefully on a nice enough roll at that point to take on the Yankees. With as far under my expectations as we have been playing, I dont really wanna think about them and the Angels' series that follows, so I'll just go back to my point that we just need to take it one series, really one game, at a time, and win ballgames.
And if the A's continue to disappoint, thank God I have World Cup soccer right now! Exciting matches every day and I taught my son how to say "Goal!" :)
Thanks for reading.
No comments:
Post a Comment