Well, here is the place. The place where I can talk about the A's all I want. I can get all my thoughts, musings, excitement, frustration, analysis and whatever else out right here. And no one has to read it. I'm on facebook and if you're reading this, you're probably already my friend on there and see that almost half my status updates are about the A's; which is a lot, especially for the probably 200+ friends I have that could care less. Thing is, I'd probably go on about the A's EVEN MORE if it werent for me trying to consider the things they'd like to see on their news feed. Hence, this blog. A place where I can get everything out concerning Oakland A's baseball without bothering anyone, theoretically. So yeah, that's it. I'm ready to talk now. :)
Yesterday, I got out to the A's game with my best friend Stephen and my son Jack. It was a beautiful day, we got seats in the shade (very good for me and my fair-skinned son) on the field level deck. This was game 4 of a 4 game set with the Angels and we had already lost games 1 and 3 of the series. So, needless to say, I REALLY wanted to win this one. We needed a series split to stay in legitimate contention right now with them and the Rangers in the AL West. I knew we had a good chance with Cahill taking the mound, such a great groundball pitcher and he's done well in his past 5 starts or so. They had Ervin Santana though, who has feasted on A's hitters in most of his efforts. To start the game, he looked good too, retiring the first 9 batters I believe. Cahill hung with him though, getting through his innings, turning double plays, also not allowing a run. Then, 2nd time though the order, the A's jump on him. Score 2 runs in the 4th and 3 more in the 5th. Scioscia shoulda pulled him when he was at 105 pitches and had allowed his 2nd run in the 5th, but he left him in, we hit him for another run and he was done and I knew that's all we needed. Cahill allowed 1 run throwing 8 innings, Bailey closed it out and there were actually 6 different A's hitters coming up with 1 rbi each in our 6-1 victory. Just a beautiful team win by the book. I was hopin to see a home run from someone like Cust, Koooouuz, or Suzuki, but that woulda just been icing on the cake. We didnt need it, and just 6 days prior I did see the long ball from Kouzmanoff and Rajai Davis, they lost that game to the Twins but whatev.
So tonight, I just got done watching the A's lose to the Giants but they did have Tim Lincecum tonight. You'll probably find I'm not as likely to talk much or post at all when the A's lose. Its okay though, the A's swept the Giants when they came to Oakland so if we only win 1 game this series I'll be happy since that guarantees us winning 4 outta 6 games against them for the year. Much better than least year, even already, when we only won 1 outta 6. Gio started tonight and he wasnt getting his curveball called for strikes when even the Giants broadcaster thought it was in the zone, but whatever. It wasnt a bad call that sent Pat Burrell's home run ball to deep left.
Tomorrow we got Sheets vs. Zito. This is the game I'd like to make. Sheets has been doing well lately and although I'm impressed by Zito's comeback year he's having (almost happy for him), we destroyed him on Oakland a few weeks ago, just like we always have since he's gone to the Giants. I'm off at 5:55 and the game starts at 6:05. Perfect. Wish I wasnt outta beer, but I did have to buy a ticket to yesterdays game when I was pretty tight on money. It was worth it. :)
I do welcome all questions, comments, and debates. Thanks for reading.
Rajai!! <3
ReplyDeleteMost useless comment ever haha
You should put that every time I make a post that mentions something good he's done. :)
ReplyDeleteI probably will!
ReplyDelete