Sunday, June 13, 2010

Dropped another one! UGH!

We lost today, 5-4. Almost came back, needed just one clutch hit and we had a few chances. Didnt even need to be in that situation with 2 costly errors earlier in the game though. Guess we gotta try to get em tomorrow. I really dont wanna get swept by the Giants. I really think we're the better team.

I didnt get to watch a lot of the game due to leaving for house shopping, but I listened to more of it on the radio when we were driving house to house. After every A's game, theres the A's postgame show called A's Talk with Chris Townsend. He's a great host, runs a great show, really lets the smart fans make their points. Tonight though what I thought was especially interesting was him essentially bashing Geren, without naming him as far as I heard, about the lineup he wrote tonight. He's just constantly movin guys around and we have no rhythm and it messes with the players mentally, not knowing where they are in the lineup or if they're in the lineup at all when they get to the park that day. Townsend was right when he said Ellis shouldnt be leading off one day, batting 8th the next day, and batting third the next day! He was right when he said Rosales should be in the lineup. The man is all hustle and he's swingin a great bat. He needed to take the spot of Pennington or Matt Carson tonight. And you know there's a problem when our hot-hitting power hitter Kooooouuuzmanoff finds himself leading off innings , what was it, like 5 out of his last 7 at bats. Somehow he shouldnt be leading off, he should be driving in runs! I understand a little shift in the lineup this series with Kurt Suzuki on bereavement leave (his grandfather passed away so Kurt is in Hawaii with his family this weekend) is necessary, but come on. Powell should have been catching tonight instead of Fox too.

Geren better get things back the way they should be tomorrow. There have been A's fans for a little while now calling for Geren's head, but I havent been one of them (I'd like a revamp of our training and medical staff--leading the league 3 years in a row in DL usage is completely unacceptable and something is wrong there, anyways...) but I'm starting to question Geren a little more now. If you're constantly rearranging your lineup, it tells me you dont know your hitters. If you know what your hitters can and should be doing, put them where they belong and keep the shuffling to a minimum. I understand things happen--injuries, bereavement leave, needing to give guys a day off, etc.--but by and large, if you dont keep a consistent lineup, it looks like you dont know your hitters. Get it together on this Geren. I know what the lineup should look like for tomorrows game:

1. Rajai Davis CF
2. Ryan Sweeney RF
3. Daric Barton 1B
4. Kevin Kooooouuuzmanoff 3B
5. Jack Cust LF
6. Landon Powell C
7. Mark Ellis 2B
8. Adam Rosales SS
9. Vin Mazzaro P

Lets see if Geren gets it right.

Thanks for reading.

3 comments:

  1. So I thought I'd tell you because you'd appreciate this:

    All by myself I figured out that you didn't list a DH because it's interleague play and the A's don't use a DH when they play the Giants.

    Granted, I confirmed with Stephen, but I learned this recently.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nicely done Amanda! So proud! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Manda, Brett Anderson is actually a little sad because of the way the pitching rotation works, he won't get to bat!

    ReplyDelete