Tough weekend of baseball for the A's obviously. And no game on Monday just lets that sweep sit with me longer. But tonight was a different story! A's win 9 to 5! Cahill on the mound, did a nice job! We basically won due to the Cubs 4 errors tonight but a win is a win and I'll take it. Every wrapup article on this game is gonna point to that as the only reason. But I watched closer. The A's hustled. Examples: Ellis got into a run-down between 1st and 2nd with Koooouuuzmanoff on 3rd when they made the out at first and because it took 4(!) throws to get Ellis out, Kouz had plenty of time to score before the final out was recorded; Rajai got 3 hits and 2 RBIs. Ellis and Pennington each went 2 for 5 with and RBI, Kouz went 3 for 4 with 2 runs and a walk; Pennington hit a triple (and he was bookin it! woulda been a double for a lot of guys) and then runs home on the overthrow to 3rd! Fosse called it the "little league home run". :) Playing like this forces errors. Or at least makes them more likely. Ya gotta do everything you can to keep the opposing pitcher and defense uncomfortable and I saw a lot of that outta the A's tonight and I LOVED it! This is how to play the game. This is the "Green Collar" baseball the A's try to personify. And it was nice to have Suzuki back with the team. He went 1 for 4 with a walk and a run.
And the Angels lost. Always a good thing. We gotta take advantage and not fall out of the race to catch Texas.
What I just wrote in the fantasy baseball league blast kinda fits in here tonight I think:
"I got the earful I deserved. Thanks A's. Thanks for droppin every damn game to the Giants last weekend. I just wanted one. One game, one win, and we woulda won 4 (to their 2 wins) outta the 6 times the A's play the Giants this year. But no, the Giants showed up to play and the A's couldnt keep up, couldnt come up with the clutch hits when they had plenty of opportunities. Frustrating isn't a strong enough word. So, of course, I hear it from all my Giants fan friends who know I love the A's. Aight, I hear ya'll, good job Giants, real good baseball played lately by you guys.
Tomorrow, Sandi and I are goin to the Giants game. And I'm kinda pullin for em. Lincecum is pitching and I'm pumped for that. I wanna see that majestic delivery. I wanna see the ball fall off the table. I wanna see a ton of K's that just make the Orioles hitters look silly (Tyson Ross should watch and take notes--ya feel me on that right? anybody?). So yeah, should be fun, I've never been to AT&T Park, but I've heard so many great things about it and it looks great on TV, I know I'm gonna leave totally jealous. I've heard the view is good, the food is great, the place is fun, and there's some good eats behind section 310. I want the A's to have their own new park so bad. I'm gonna visit all the children's hospitals in northern California and tell the kids to make that their Make-A-Wish. "
Sandi and I are taking the day to celebrate our anniversary. Maybe we'll find a good spot around dinner time to catch a chunk of the A's game. Maybe some place Pier 39. Maybe On The Border in Dublin. Maybe Buffalo Wild Wings. :)
Pennington's triple would have been an in-field homerun for Rajai!
ReplyDeleteAs promised:
Rajai! <3