Saturday, August 28, 2010

Boom baby! Come on!

GREAT win for us! We needed to win real bad and we got one and we killed 'em! This is the kind of win that needs to be our turning point, our spark that just sets our team on fire for the rest of the season! Tomorrow's game is all that more important now. We win tomorrow and the message is sent--just like Dallas Braden said after the game: WE WANT TO PLAY BASEBALL IN OCTOBER!

We're 8.5 games back tonight, we play the Rangers 5 more times this season, and theres still more than a month left in baseball. Technically, odds are still long, but bigger deficits have been overcome. The A's could get hot and it very well could have started tonight! Oh how I hope it does! Tomorrow's game is huge! We gotta win it to take 2 outta 3, to go up 1 game in this series. Thats the funny thing about the 3-game series I was thinkin about just yesterday: In a 3 game series, you either go up OR down 1 OR 3 games on the team you are playing. You cant go up or down just 2 games and you cant break even. Ya gotta win. Thats what makes sweeps so huge really, especially against division rivals.

This win is huge, but it will only REMAIN huge if we win tomorrow. Thank you, thank you so much Dallas Braden for pitching like a friggin' beast tonight! And all the A's pitchers have really been doing outstanding. What we need is hitting, at least as good as it was tonight. Did you know that in the month of August, if the A's had scored just 4 runs every game (and managed to win it in extras if that created a tie) we'd be on a tear to the tune of 22 wins and 3 losses?? What does that say? It says our pitching staff is lockin it down every damn day and all we need is 4 effin runs! This lineup has some pop in the bats of Barton, Suzuki, Kouz, Coco, and Cust and the best speed in the league (most SBs since the All-Star break) by the likes of Rajai, Pennington, and Coco that we should be able to put up 4 runs almost every night!

Another fun fact: the Rangers are only 22-18 since the All-Star break! Hardly impressive! We can catch these guys!

I'm tellin you, it could start now! And I mean now! Now, as in tonight and tomorrow night and get on a freakin roll and win some ball games! I'm goin to the game against the Angels on Friday the 3rd (we so better win--I hate the Angels more than I can express) and I'm goin to the game on Friday the 24th against none other than the Texas Rangers and that game better mean somethin! If we start winnin some ballgames, that night's gonna feel like playoff baseball right there and I am pumped man!

LETS GO A'S!!!

Thanks for reading.

2 comments:

  1. We won today! Took out Texas 8-2! We can beat these guys and they know it! Big 4-game series in NY comin up, we gotta AT LEAST take 2. We might really have a shot at this thing! I understand it will be quite difficult, but its possible and I'm glad that with this team, this year, going into September, I can still say, "it's possible!"

    ReplyDelete